Sunday, December 9, 2018

CHRISTMAS MIRACLES...CHRISTMAS THROUGH THE EYES OF A CHILD

LET'S TALK CHRISTMAS MIRACLES...
Related image

“Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”


by John Adams




Christmas is supposed to be a time of great joy, yet many people struggle to find God’s joy and peace this time of year. Whether because of financial pressures, strained relationships, health problems, or just the busyness of the holidays, some people see Christmas as a time of stress, pain, or depression rather than joy.
So how can God intervene in your circumstances this year, giving you a holiday season that is truly filled with His peace and joy? Sometimes amid all the festivities and anxiety of the Christmas season, it’s easy to forget…
Right from the beginning, Christmas was a time of miracles!
Mary must have been stunned when the angel Gabriel appeared one day and told her, “Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!” (Luke 1:28)
Of course, the angel’s message was great news. Mary was “highly favored”…the Lord was with her…and she was blessed!
Take a few moments to read Gabriel’s proclamation again, because God wants to give YOU this same message today. He wants you to know you are highly favored and blessed. And He wants to reveal Himself as Immanuel, the One who is always with you (Matthew 1:23).
However, Mary didn’t immediately celebrate Gabriel’s announcement. “She was troubled,” and the mighty angel had to calm her fears: “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God” (Luke 1:29-30).
What a great lesson for us: Mary was right on the brink of an incredible breakthrough of God’s favor, but she had to overcome FEAR.
My friend, hear this message loud and clear: You must never allow fear to hold you back from obeying God and receiving His blessings in your life!

Nothing Is Impossible

If someone promised to give you their favor, that would be a good thing. But the value of that favor would be limited to the resources they were able to offer you.
Yet Mary “found favor with God”—favor that was supernatural and unlimited! Her son would be Jesus, the Savior: “He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest” (Luke 1:32).
God was about to do something GREAT in Mary’s life, and I’m convinced He wants to do something great in your life as well. But perhaps you are skeptical, just as Mary was: “How can this be?” she asked (Luke 1:34).
Mary knew that God’s incredible promises to her were impossible without a miracle, and Gabriel explained how the miracle would occur: “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you” (Luke 1:35).
In a similar way, God wants His power to “overshadow” whatever difficult situation you’re facing today. A health crisis? A family conflict? A financial setback? No matter what you are dealing with, God can give you victory through His supernatural favor.
“But David,” you may be thinking, “my problems are so severe I doubt even God can help me!”
Mary must have felt the same way. That’s why Gabriel told her this amazing truth…
“With God, NOTHING will be impossible!”

When the Bible says nothing is impossible with God, it means NOTHING. So go ahead and pray BIG prayers for your Christmas miracle! But as you pray, make sure to listen for God’s instructions, as Mary did. “Let it be to me according to your word” (Luke 1:38). You see, God wanted to do miracles in Mary’s life, but it was crucial for her to submit her life to Him and obey His directives.


IF YOU HAVE A STORY YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH US ABOUT  YOUR CHRISTMAS MIRACLE 
SEND IT TO 
THE EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW 

Related image


Image result for THE MESSENGER OF GODS ANGELS

CHRISTMAS MIRACLE

Image result for Christmas miracles


Related image

But the best times of all are when we view Christmas, with all of its seasonal wonders and spiritual awe, through the eyes of a child



Christmas Countdown :


A Holiday Story

****************************************

by Kayla Miller
The smell of new Christmas trees, the excitement on all the children’s faces as they play in the freshly laid snow, the sound of the joyful Christmas music playing all through the town, and the beautiful bright lights that make the whole city glow; reminds me of my childhood and all the unforgettable memories I hold with me forever.

My grandma always told me that I would never truly understand the real meaning of Christmas until I was older and had kids of my own. Now I finally understand what she was talking about.

Christmas Eve was always such an important yet busy day in my family. On Christmas Eve we always attended our school Christmas show (one of us normally played the role of Mary.) Afterward, we came home for about an hour and we got changed into our Christmas dresses and went to eight o’clock mass. After mass, we would always stop and buy eggnog. When we got home we put out our homemade chocolate chip cookies for Santa. Then I helped my grandma and dad hang our red, fluffy stockings above the fireplace. Every year before we go to sleep we all sit in the living room and watch “It’s A Wonderful Life.”

Christmas day has always been one of my favorite days in the whole year. Since 2003, we have always woken up at around 6:30 to open our gifts. While we open our gifts we sit by the fire and play Christmas carols on the TV. Before my dad and grandparents wake up my little sister, Rachael, sneaks out to try and see her presents. Although some years my dog would start barking at her and she would dart to her room in fear that it might wake up the adults.

Christmas 2003, was probably the craziest Christmas that we had ever had. That year, I was about two years old and when I saw all of the presents I was so excited I had an asthma attack and had to go to the emergency room. While my grandparents stayed back with the rest of the kids and opened their presents with them.

Although out of all my years, my favorite Christmas had to be the Christmas of 2016. That year we all woke up at around 7:30 and had a cup of my grandma’s homemade hot chocolate. This was probably the best hot chocolate you could ever have. Then we turned on the Christmas music and took turns opening our gifts one-by-one. Afterward, my grandpa made us his homemade cinnamon buns for breakfast. At around 10:30 we all got dressed in our silly Christmas sweaters and headed up to my aunt’s house. This year was more special than all the previous years because not only was it snowing for the first time all winter but it was Dash’s (her newborn) first Christmas!

One tradition that I made sure I passed on to my children was going to the nursing home the day after Christmas. When I was younger my dad would have collect homemade blankets, hats, scarves, and gloves and we would wrap them and take them to the nursing home for all the elderly who don't have visitors at Christmas time. When we walked in wearing Santa hats they would get so excited. Their faces would light up the whole room with joy. It was one of the best feelings in the whole world. After we gave out the gifts, we would sing Christmas songs to them with my dad until they had to go to dinner.

Now at the age of 52, I finally understand what my grandma was talking about. Christmas is not about getting gifts; it’s about giving and spreading your love and happiness to everyone around you. When I was younger I loved Christmas because it meant no school and getting new clothes, but as I look back I see what I remember most is all the times I spent with my family and all the positive things I did during Christmas to help others. Just remember that Christmas isn’t about getting gifts about giving to the community and others.





****************************************


Related image



Related image



No comments:

Post a Comment